You are here: Recipes | Peameal Bacon Twice-Baked Potatoes
Peameal Bacon Twice-Baked Potatoes
- 1 package sliced peameal bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 hot baked potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (250 mL)
- ½ cup sour cream (125 mL)
- 1 tsp hot sauce (5 mL)
- ½ cup diced cooked peameal bacon (125 mL)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. Fry the peameal bacon in a small amount of cooking oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2. Cut the potatoes into lengthwise halves.
- 3. Scoop out the inside of the potatoes and place in a medium bowl.
- 4. Set the potato skins aside.
- 5. Chop the peameal bacon slices into a rough dice.
- 6. Stir ¾ cup cheese, sour cream, peameal bacon and onions into the bowl. Mix well.
- 7. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins and place on a baking sheet.
- 8. Broil until they're browned. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 9. Broil until the cheese is bubbly.
Print | Send to a friend